Saturday, December 6, 2008
So much to be thankful for
I know I didn't write anything about our Thanksgiving but we have had a lot going on. I really have a lot to be thankful for this year. Dave finally found a good job after being out of work for at least two months. It has been hard being out of work when it seems like he just was out of work last winter. I am very greatful for this job especially when so many are out of work and on the news things seem to be even worse every day. About a month ago we had regional conference and Pres. Packer spoke in the conference. His words were a big comfort to me. He spoke about that even though the economy is bad and will continue to be bad we can find comfort in Jesus and that no matter what happens he is watching out for us and he has a plan. There is safety in Christ. I think that is my new motto. There is safety in Christ. Even through everything that has happened we have been blessed with family who loves and supports us and with a ward that is great. We have felt all of there love. Our bishop (who was just released) was just diagnosed with brain cancer and he even found odd jobs for Dave to do because he could no longer do them. We had friends cars break down (not that that was good for them) that extra came at just the right time so that we could pay bills or get groceries. I am so thankful for all of our blessings and love this time of year. Hope all is well with everyone and those who are struggling to keep their heads up our prayers are with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i had no idea. may god continue to bless you. merry CHRISTmas!
Post a Comment