Saturday, August 29, 2009

precious things

So I guess I needed somewhere to share my thoughts so I thought this was it. Today I attended a funeral of a little girl of a friend of mine. Their daughter passed away this week after a tragic accident. It has been so hard at times to think of such a little child passing away. My feelings have brought me to just hold my children a little closer and to remember that when they aren't listening. We have them for such a little time. The bishop at the service said something that really struck me today. He said when we were choosing the plan of salvation that we knew of our specific trials and we rejoiced in our opportunities to grow. (Maybe not in those exact words) I am so glad Heavenly Father knows us and how to help us grow and also knows what we can handle. I love my family and am so greatful for my beautiful children.

A friend of ours took these pictures during Easter time and I haven't had a chance to put them up. I love them so much (thanks Suzie)




3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

What great thoughts. We all need those reminders sometimes. The family pictures are so cute.

Macey said...

Thanks Tricia-cute family pictures! We need to be grateful for the small things these days.

Alan and Sara Olsen said...

Those are some cute kids you've got!