Well I am a horrible blogger maybe because I feel nobody reads this so what is the point but I do like seeing others blogs even if I don't comment so maybe that is the same with my blog. We have had alot of changes in the last year some really good and some really sad.
Dave started a new job last August. He got a job with Hostess which although they have been going through bankruptcy (restructuring) has been the biggest blessing we could have asked for. He is making more money then we ever have before and I really feel like it has been an answer to so many of our prayers and that the Lord made a way for us to be in a better position when this job came up. The last few years we have really struggled finacially but we have at the same time really tried to stay out of debt and we payed our tithing even when that was all we had. I could never imagine this blessing. Dave would get a job and then a few months later they let people go or they only wanted part time. Through all of that the Lord has blessed us and taken care of us. I really haven't felt like we didn't have or even that we were poor (even though to others it seemed that way) It has been a blessing and we worked hard to be where we are today.
Because of Dave's job we have finally been able to move. If you had told me eight years ago that we would be in that trailor for eight years I wouldn't have beleived it. I will say I loved and hated that trailor. I loved it because we owned it and it turned out to be a huge blessing especially when we didn't have much money we were only paying space rent which was really nothing and so we had a roof over our head. We had a washer and dryer which was great and we had A/C which I wouldn't have made it without it. When we moved into the trailor we just had an almost two year old Aaron. We brought two beautiful children home from the hospital to that home and when we left Aaron was ten Amanda was seven and Thomas was four. Crazy how life moves. Now I hated it because it was way tooooooo small for a family of Five. Two bedrooms with one bathroom (that didn't have a bathtub) was at times torture. But some how we made do. Heavenly Father blessed us that we never all had to go to the bathroom at the same time and somehow we all fit. Now my house was never clean because we had way to much stuff. In fact that is Dave's and I most said comment now. "How did all our stuff fit into that trailor" I don't know somehow it just did. We have moved now to a four bedroom house that we are renting. It is amazing and huge to us and the kitchen is huge. We have TWO bathrooms and the kids each have their own room. We have a garage and a backyard. It is amazing and I truly feel blessed to be in this home. We are in a new ward. Which isn't a student ward. I don't feel a hundred because there are newlyweds everywhere. It is a normal ward with families and a primary with kids my kids can be friends with. I really love it. Dave and I were called as primary teachers and we teach Aaron's class. It is fun and I do enjoy the kids excitement.
In April Dave's brother Scott passed away. It was very sudden and it has thrown all of us for a loop. He was 40 years old and died from a brain hemorage. Dave and I have both lost our fathers and now to lose his brother has been hard. We see friends who still have grandparents alive and it is really hard to know this is the path Heavenly Father wants for us. I know there is a plan but I feel the loss of the experiences that my children will never have. My children don't have a male member of either side of our family that attends church or can ever be excited or participate in the ordinances they will experience in life. Dave now has no one to stand in the cicle with him as he gives Aaron the priesthood or as Amanda and Thomas are baptized. Somedays the loss seems overwhelming and those days I am thankful for the temple and the blessings we have there and be able to return and remind myself that this is temperary.
So what are my beautiful children up to. Aaron is ten and will start the 5th grade in a couple of weeks. He has finally caught my reading bug. It makes me very excited to see him devour a good book. In the last seven months he has read all of the Harry Potter books. He has read all of the Percy Jackson books including the second set in the series. Now he is on to the Red Prymaid series. He has all read all the 39 clues books. It is really great to see the excitment as he reads these books. But that is about where our alikeness ends. I always wanted to do my best in school and Aaron just seems to have no ambition. It is frustrating to me but I know he is so smart he justs has to learn to apply himself. He really is enjoying scouts and loved Scout Camp this year. I guess never having any brothers I struggle trying to understand a boy.
Amanda is seven and will start the 2nd grade. She is outgoing and in charge as ever. She likes to be the boss and is forever telling Thomas what to do. I am amazed he lets her. She is so girly. Pink and frilly and sparkely are her favorite things. She would where a dress or skirt everyday if you let her. She just walks into a room and people want to be around her because she is nice to everyone. She also never is quite. She is always talking or singing and dancing. I don't know how she has so much energy. thankfully she still lets me cuddle her. She loves to help me cook and help out and I am thankful I have her.
Thomas is four boy what do I say. He is just Thomas. He is so stubborn and is just his own self. I swear he is an old man in a little boys body. He is a really tiny kid but he just says these things that make you wonder where he got that idea. I am amazed and frustrated daily. We are still having issues with his bathroom problems but I am just not going to worry about it. I do what I can and I remind myself that he will someday poop on the toilet. He is a lot of fun and I love to see him try new things and just be himself.
(at cow appreciation day at Chick-fil-a)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you updated. It is great to hear about your family. It is wonderful to hear of the blessings that come into other's lives and remember the simple things that really bring peace and joy in our lives.
Post a Comment