Sunday, September 21, 2008

Politics

So I have had the feeling of how important this election is this year. Some made a comment to me a while ago when I mentioned the convention that I was "into politics" I hope we are all into politics and that we are really paying attention to the proposition and canidates. My parents live in California and have been walking and talking to people about Prop 8 in California which is much like Prop 102 here in Arizona. Making marriage between man and women an ammendment to the state constitution. I am amazed at how California was able to go around just a law and make marriage legal for other than a man and women affect all aspects of life. Even in the schools they are no having to talk about homosexuality to the kids because it is legal. I don't want my kindergarter exposed to that. I hope that we can all become active in our voting and pay attention to the things that are out there. It is so important to our families to stand up for this kind of legislation. I am amazed at how many don't vote. I have been to a country where not everyone could vote and we are so lucky to be able to have the opportunity to vote and voice our opinion. Please vote and vote yes for prop 102.

You can visit www.yesformarriage.com to learn more about prop 102

Friends in California please show California how the families there really feel and vote for Prop8

1 comment:

allison said...

good for you! i have to be honest, i let j figure it out and i trust him. we also vote based on key issues. i don't like the system of only being able to vote based on how you are registered. oh well. it seems like we're always voting on the lesser of the 2 evils. living in d.c. and working on the hill, j got a big eye opener. good times.