Monday, February 2, 2009

Dealing

So I thought I better post an update. So Dad has his surgery last Tuesday and after nine hours is recovering well. Thankfully they didn't have to take any nerves out of his neck. They did take his jugler vein and part of a muscle. He was home by Friday and is doing really well. Now it is just waiting to recover some and then start Chemo and Radition. I am feeling a little more calm about it and I am so thankful for all of your prayers and thoughts. I guess I have grown more sure that Heavenly Father really has a plan for Dad and that we can make it through because no matter the outcome Heavenly Father has given us forever.
Our lesson in Relief Society yesterday was so great yesterday. The teacher talked about a lot of things but what really touched me was how we should be grateful. I really have so many things to be grateful for. We could have it so much worse and we could have to deal with it without the knowledge of the gospel. That WOULD be worse.

2 comments:

H A L to the G C's Ma said...

I ment to ask you, when we talked today, how he was. Thanks for posting this and letting everyone know. Our thoughts were with you and your family all day. Also thanks for always keeping me updated on everything that is going on in the ward and stuff, it means a lot!!

allison said...

amen sister! adversity sure makes us find out what we really believe in. thanks for sharing.