Saturday, May 30, 2009
a relief
Well I figured I better update everyone about Thomas's doctor appointment. It went really well. They of course did more hearing tests which Thomas still didn't completly pass. He has mild hearing loss but it is due to having fluid behind his ear drums. He has been hearing everything like he is under water. So now we have more doctors appointments and more tests but the good thing is that it is fixable. They have to document that the fluid doesn't go away and that it is there longer than two months before they can schedule surgery and put tubes in his ears to get rid of the fluid. I can't imagine how Thomas feels. He thinks he is saying everything right because that is how he hears things and I am the one who is dumb because I can't understand him. How frustrating for him. I can't wait to see his face when this is all done and he can hear everything. He is going to be amazed at all the new sounds. He is also going to really want his sister to be quiet. She can be really loud at times. It is such a relief to know that they can fix this and once he can hear that his speach should improve really rapidly. I am greatful for all of your prayers and for my wonderful little guy. Thanks all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Tricia. I'm sorry to hear about Thomas. I hope things go well for you guys. We'll be thinking about you!
Poor guy! We went through that with Logan. The difference is AMAZING! I hope it all goes well for you!
Post a Comment