Sorry that it has been so long since I posted but I have had a lot on my plate.
Who to start with I guess myself. I got a new calling. I have been called to be Visiting Teacher Cordinator which in our ward is a really huge calling. Only about 1/3 of our ward does visitng teaching and at times the complaints can be overwhelming. I am really trying to think of ways to motivate the sisters and get our program a little more organized. I am grateful for a new way to serve and learn and grow. Our ward also found out that they are splitting our stake and maybe changing the ward bounderies so we are all on pins and needles for the next couple weeks to find out. I so remember the change in my parents ward it seemed like it really changed my whole life then. I hope that at least our primary can grow. I wish my kids had good friends to play with.
Aaron just finished first grade. He did so well on his report card that I just am amazed at how much he loves to learn. He is a joy and so much fun to be around as he learns all new things and realizes the world around him. He just started a tennis camp for the next month. I wasn't looking forward to it starting because it is from 7:30-8:15 in the morning M-TH but after this morning I am really glad that I signed him up for it. He had so much fun and was even starting to figure out the raquest a little. I am glad that he is willing to try new things.
Manny is well manny. She is so fun and so excited to have her brother home. Although they still fight about something every day they do get along most of the time. She is such a help and really wants to go and be with me everwhere. She is such a social butterfly. I am glad that she didn't inherit her mothers musical abilites. She is alway singing something. Especially things from primary. I love to hear her add her own words to songs she doesn't quite remember. She really is clever.
The huge part of my worry and business has been Thomas. So my wonderful 19 mo old still doesn't speak or any real words that you can really pick out. The doctor has been watching this and at his 18 mo check up decided that he should be seen by specialist. So a speach therapist came to our house to evaulate him. He qualifies for some program that a speach therapist can come and work with him at our home and help him. While the therapist was at the house she also did a hearing test. He failed the test. So now tomorrow we are off to the audiologist to get his hearing tested some more and find out why he isn't hearing everything. They said it could just be fluid behind the drums and he would need tubes or it could be something more. I am hoping it is just tubes. That I could handle since I have been through that so many times myself. But I am sorry worried that it is something more. He is so little and now I am worried about so many other things. Maybe I am starving him because I don't know when and if he is hungry and he is so little in the 5% for weight and height. I wish I could take it away and help him but and really hoping the doctors can figure it out tomorrow.
Well now that I have written a novel I better run. Hope all is well with you.
4 comments:
I'm sorry Tricia about Thomas. I'll call you and we can talk. I went to a doctor appointment today too.
Hey Tricia. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Thomas. I hope things will go well at his next visit.
So good to hear how everyone is doing again. I need to write more "novels" like you. ;) haha Seriously! Mine are like a Harry Potter series compared to yours! I would love to borrow your gift of detail and brevity! I will try harder to improve myself.
Had to laugh about your daughter's singing abilities. That is a sheer miracle she can sing so well! I should know- I sat next to you in Stake Choir EVERY time! Just so ya know- you did get better ;) Good times! Man, I miss you!
Hopefully Thomas will be okay. Just knowing your own personal history- it might just be genetic. I will remember him in my prayers.
We miss you guys! Hope Thomas is doing better...and by the way, I am expecting an email with all of the details from conference...
Post a Comment