So I know the new title is pretty cheesy but I must say that this song and some other things have really impacted me lately. I was reading over a friends blog lately and she has been through alot and I mean alot and is always so positive and up and really focus's on Heavenly Fathers hand in her life and the positive things out there. I have noticed that I don't do that enough. I also was reading the article in the Ensign about using your blog to share the gospel and your testimony and thought I needed to do a little changing too. So I wanted to share some inside to thing I have learned as well and remember that it is the journey or the climb that is wonderful. we are truly blessed.
While I was listening to conference I was really impressed with President Monson's talk Sunday morning about service. Our ward at times can be really hard and a struggle to get people to help and do there callings and participate. I have always been blessed with Parents who show me a great example. There is never a time when my parents have ever turned a calling down. whether they thought they could do it or not. Callings come from our Heavenly Father and he won't let us down. In fact when my Dad got the news last week about the cancer what did he do when he got home. Be sad no he got his stuff together because he had bishopric meeting to go to. The last time when Dad was going through chemo my mom could have asked to be released as Primary President which has been a hard calling for her but she said she wanted to keep her calling because she "needed the blessings" I am always amazed at their willingness to serve. I love the fact that in our church we serve one another. When I am having the hardest time is when I really need to serve. I need to get outside of myself and help others. It makes my problems seem small and easier to manage. If we all served one another how much happier and more in tune to the spirit would we be. I hope that I can focas more on the climb and the wonderful things in my life. thanks to all.
2 comments:
Love the new title! I totally agree -it's the altitude (attitude) we aspire to that gets us to the top! And, can I just say- your parents are awesome!
I like your new title too! I hope all goes well with your Dad
Post a Comment