Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Remembering

So this past week was our first in a new ward. They have drastically changed the ward boundaries for all the wards in our stake. I have been excited to meet new friends and have new experiences in this new ward. I will say that on Sunday sitting in Relief Society it just felt different. Not that it won't grow on me. I am counting on that. I always learn to love the wards we are in. I have been reflecting on our time in Central Ward. I have heard a lot of people say they didn't like Central Ward and at times it was hard. Holding three callings becuase people wouldn't accept or fullfill there callings, or seeing my kids be the only kid in there primary class but I will tell you that in the past seven and half years have filled me spiritually. Aaron was two months old when we were put in that ward again from boundary changes. I have meet some of my very best friends there. I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love through visiting teachers who really feel like my family here in Tucson, I have felt like my sorrows and trials have been small compared to people who have struggled with really hard things. I of course got to teach my favorite family history to lots of people and share my love with it. I have felt the love from different bishops through counsel and comfort. I am so greatful for our time in Central Ward I really can't wait to have new experiences in our new ward but Central Ward will always be special in my heart. I know that ward changes are from our Heavenly Father. I remember oh so long ago when I was twelve and they changed our ward boundaries. I really thought I would die almost all my friends went to a different ward and except for Jen I didn't know anyone. I would say that is the other ward that I grew the most in. Those people are still some of my favorite people. It truly changed my life. Because of that move I served a ward. I felt love and heartbreak. I loved that ward. Thank you Heavenly father for all my blessings.

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

Change is so hard. I enjoyed reading your words and reflecting on that ward change so many years ago too. I remember how we thought at first we were going to die and that it was the worst thing ever. I, too, agree that a lot of growth came from that experience. I know I am grateful you were there with me during that time. Good luck with this change too. I look forward to hearing about the good times and the blessings and growth from it.

allison said...

wow! is there still a central ward? where do you meet?