Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goings on

So I have been horrible in writing the last month. We have had lots going on that I could have written about and I just haven't done it so I guess I will try to catch up the last month. Well soon after Amanda's birthday I got the opportunity to go on a field trip with Aaron's class. It was alot of fun. We walked to the local firestation. The kids were excited and it was neat to see all the stuff. The only sad part was that the fireman got two calls while we were there so that they had to switch off letting us see things while they went and did there jobs. Here are some fun pictures of that.

Then a few days after that Aaron and I went to work at the local food bank farm to do our hours of service to get our free Disneyland tickets. I was a little worried about how this would work because the lady that I had talked to on the phone was not a very nice lady but it turned out really fun. We picked two pounds of spinach. We got to weigh a whole bunch of different types of vegetables and seperate them into piles of a certain weight to be taken to the farmers market to be sold. Aaron really enjoyed this part. I think it was all the math he got to do. He really does love math. Then we got to declutter a patch of radishes. They had planted to many so we had to pull the smaller ones so the bigger ones could grow better. With that all done we now have our three free tickets to disneyland (we have to buy a ticket for Amanda because she is too little to participate in the service) and get to go this summer.


I also have some other fun pictures of the kids on a "typical" day. This is how I see Amanda and Thomas most days. Amanda being grumpy and Thomas with his thumb in his mounth and fingers in his belly button.
Amanda just had her five year check up and is in the 50% for weight and 85% for height. Thankfully she got her height from dave's side of the family. we are doing very well and we enjoyed spending most of our tax return. We bought a new (to us) van and we bought a big shed for our trailor. We are also using some of our money to go home to California for vacation this summer. The kids are supper excited to see Nana and Papa and Grandma. I am really excited to have the new shed and get some stuff out of our overstuffed home and make more room. We are also trading rooms in our house so that Dave and I will take the smaller of the two rooms and the three kids will get the big room. I can't remember what it will be like to not have a child sleeping in our room. Yeah.
So I am sure that some of you out there are wondering about Dad. Well The cancer is now showing up in spots on his skin that they are radiating and waiting to see if it will go somewhere else. My prayers are with him and at times it is hard being so far away but I have felt Heavenly Fathers love in some very powerful lessons in Relief Society lately and know that Some how things will be alright. If the time comes when he is not with us I know he is righteous and will return to our father in heaven. It hurts to think of that time but I know it just means I need to work harder to make sure I make it there too. I love you Dad.

2 comments:

geri said...

If you are able to swing it while you are in Cali, I would love to get together!!! Email me goozeberry_pie (at) yahoo (dot) com

Macey said...

Fun field trip!