Friday, April 23, 2010

Where has the time gone Harley?

I can't believe Aaron turns eight on Monday. It really seems like just yesterday that we were headed to the hospital worried there was something wrong only to have our baby the next day. With our best friends having their baby accross the hall. Aaron was almost a whole month early and was such a surprise in so many ways. Not only was he a month early but he was also a HE instead of a SHE that they told us we were having. He was going to be named Harley but instead we got Aaron. He was such a good baby and always been such a cautious child. I have been so amazed with this kid. He really is great. I remember when he was one and still not walking that we took him to the doctor and he took two steps to get away from the scary doctor and then didn't take another step until almost 18months. The doctor told us he could walk he just didn't want to. Wow does that sum up Aaron. He did the same thing with potty training. I am sure Aaron would be so embarressed to hear this but I tried three times to train him and he just didn't want too. Finally a couple months before he was FOUR he just got up one day and wanted to use the potty. He never had any accidents after that day. He just decided. Not even at night. Aaron just decides to do something and does it. Since he started school I have been so amazed at his amazing intelligence. I have always thought he was smart but it is always nice to hear that from some one else. He is in second grade now and is reading at a fifth grade level and his math is out the roof. In his school the classes every month take these tests starting in second grade until they finish. Starting with addition, then subtraction, multiplication, then division. They have to do 100 problems in 7 minutes. Aaron has become the 4th second grader ever in the history of his school to pass all four in second grade. He really is smart. He is so excited for his baptism next Saturday. We are excited to have so much family coming down and to celebrate this step in Aaron's life. He is also really excited to start scouts. They actually started him this past week becuase there is another boy in our ward that just turned eight so they wanted to start there work together. I have been a little scared of scouts. Not having any brothers has been a challenge in knowing anything about scouts. I am excited to see my Aaron grow. I love his willingness to try better and learn new things. I see alot of my dad in him. He really got my dad's brains. I hope Aaron can grow to be a great man like his Papa. Happy Birthday my sweet Aaron.

Sorry the baby pictures are so bad I don't have any on the computer only in Aaron's scrapbook and on negatives. (how did I do things before digital camera's)

Aaron was about 18months in this picture.

Aaron's third birthday

first day of kindergarten

Aarons Spring school picture this year. I can't believe how old he looks.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy, happy birthday, Aaron! Seems like just yesterday you were a tiny baby. It has been fun watching you grow. Congratulations on your upcoming baptism!