Friday, May 23, 2008
Last day of school
Yesterday was Aaron's last day of Kindergarten. Why is the last day seem so much more emotional than the first. I think it just has hit me more that Aaron is getting bigger. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. He was so excited to say that he is a 1st grader now. Some days I still feel like I just got out of high school. It seems so strange that I have a 1st grader. I don't know I don't feel that old. Where did all the time go. I just want to hit the pause button and not let my little kids grow up. They still want to climb up in my lap and still hold my hand. I just feel like if I blink it will be gone and I am sadden by this thought. I guess I have had to much on my mind this week. I am subing in Relief Society on Sunday and the lesson is on the Power to Change. I have been thinking too much on change and that it is good for us but at the same time it is so hard sometimes. It has just made me think of all types of change and Aaron being done with Kindergarten just seems so big. Well i need to run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I was the same way! It's nmice to hear someone else felt more emotional about the last day than the first.
Yeah, and when they get to be 9 years old and finishing up 3rd grade, and you are able to clearly remember the homework they are doing as though you have done this recently, it doesn't get any easier. I want to just pause time, too! I guess that's why it's been therapeutic to do my scrapping because I can remember those little moments. When did we get old enough to have kids in school? When did we get old, period?
Post a Comment