Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've been tagged

Okay so I have been tagged by two different people on two different things. So I decided to pick just one to do because it takes me forever to get photos on here. Sorry Allison. I would be here all day trying to upload that many photos.

Profile: I have three kids. The oldest is 6 (boy), the next is three (girl), and the youngest is 9 months tomorrow (boy)

I feel my greatest strength as a Mommy: This one was a little hard to think of and maybe that is why it has taken a while to do but I think that my greatest strength is the ability to laugh about the situation. Sometimes my children can do crazy things but if you don't laugh and realize that they are learning and even sneaking is using the brain that I would be upset all the time.

A close second: I love to read. I know this sounds strange as a strength but I remember coming home from Kindergarden and my mother and I laying down so she could read to me. Not little books. She would read me great books. We read Charlottes Web in kindergarden. Anyway I have always loved to read since then and I hope that I am passing this on to my children. The world becomes so exciting in a book and school was always so much easier for me.

My greatest Mommy weakness: This one was to easy. It is my temper. I try every day to not let the little things get me upset. I think that is where the strength comes in to laugh. Life just gets so frustrating and when you are cramped in a two bedroom trailer life is really small. Oh I can't wait to move (next summer).
A close second: So my close second is not being regular with our food. I actually really love to cook and try new things but when I know that Dave won 't try them I really have no desire to cook. It is also so hot that I don't want to turn on my oven. I really need to feed them better. Peanut Butter and honey sandwichs everyday for lunch is really not okay.
My kids:


My oldest: Aaron


An adorable baby picture






I feel his/her greatest strength is: Aaron is so loving. He still will run to you to give you a hug and wants to hugged and loved. He thinks everyone is his friend. He wants to help with his brother and sister and loves to play with them.

A close second is: He wants to figure everything out. It is so fun to watch as he has started school to figure everything out. He loves legos and is constantly making new machines and cars out of legos. He has an idea for everything on his inventions. Whether it be a rocket to protect it or wheels on a boat so that when it isn't in the water it can still move. He really is amazing to watch.

I feel his/her greatest weakness is: Well crazy enough it is the same as his strength. He is so loving and doesn't understand why everyone isn't. He had some problems at school because he thought the other kids were being his friend and they were picking on him. He just didn't understand that people can be mean and don't want to be his friend. It is hard to see him learn this.

A close second: He has a temper like me. He gets mad and then doesn't want to talk. He just storms away or throws something in his room. We are working on this and thankfully he does better when he is at school.

A vague "Mommy fear" I have for this child's future: He will be a true nerd. He isn't cordinated in sports at all.


My next child is Amanda (aka Manny)


An adorable baby picture








I feel his/her greatest strength is: She is really strong. I know once Manny makes a decision in life she will never have to make it again. If/when she gets a testimony of the gospel I know she will never stray she is just so strong. I truly see the strength of her little spirit and know Heavenly Father has great things in store for her.





A close second is: She is really helpful. She is always the first to come and ask if she can help me do whatever I am doing. The laundry, the dishes, bring me a diaper whatever she loves to help.





I feel his/her greatest weakness is: She is a drama queen. She really is. She can throw a tantrum anywhere and over anything. It is a complete meltdown. You know when you are at a store and you see someone's child just throwing themselves on the floor and you think why can't the mother do anything. That is Manny. She is a pill.





A close second is: She is sneaky. She can get into everything. If you tell her no she finds a way around what you say. No manny you can't have chocolate milk. Later in the middle of the night you find a chocolate powder mess from where Manny got up to get into it. She is sneaky.





A vague "mommy fear" I have for this child's future is: I worry that she will get hurt physically she is a dare devil and will try anything. She has no caution.





My youngest is Thomas





And adorable baby picture






Okay so thomas is still a little too young to answer all of these questions but his strength is surving the mothering skills of his two older siblings.

My greatest fear for him is that he is too much like Aaron and will get over looked.

Okay now I tagged three people. I think I will tag Jen, Geri, and Macey

2 comments:

Kari said...

We are very similar, no wonder we get along so well. Thanks for doing MY tag. *grin*

geri said...

I just saw that you tagged me. I will have to think on these things and then post. I'll let you know when. I wanted to comment on your comments for Manny's weaknesses...I have one too!!! Yep, I used to be the person judging the other mothers in the stores for not being able to control their children, etc. Now, I have been blessed to have a child that melts down at the dorp of a hat for anything...yeah, it can be quite adventuresome going out to places. Maybe that's why I am such a hermit! LOL